Contact Me Today for an Initial Consultation
How I Help People with ADHD Reduce Stress
The greatest weapon against stress
is our ability to choose one thought over another.
Stress is a part of life for everyone, but living with ADHD can definitely intensify it. Some of us depend on stress hormones such as adrenalin and cortisol to get things done – especially those who tend to wait until the last minute! But for many of us, chronic stress is exhausting and has a huge negative impact on the quality of our lives.
Words I’ve heard my clients use when they are feeling especially stressed out are: Overwhelmed …Always rushing to catch up …Paralyzed …Frustrated …Inadequate … Anxious … and I’ve heard more than a few people say that they have no right to take care of themselves because there is just too much to do!
Problems can happen if you:
- Neglect yourself while you’re taking care of everything else
- Experience chronic stress and don’t even recognize it anymore because it’s so familiar
- Are unaware of damaging beliefs or patterns of thought that can increase your stress
- Ignore stress reactions in your body
- React to stress with unhealthy habits and behaviors
- Lack the skills to manage your stress triggers and internal reactions
If you are experiencing any of the above, I can help with a unique combination of ADHD and Stress Management Coaching.
- Practical strategies to help you feel more control over your life if your stress is caused by disorganization, lack of planning, or difficulties with time management
- Help with identifying your stress triggers and developing a plan to manage them
- Skills you can learn to relax your body and calm your mind. These include conscious breathing, self-forgiveness, relaxation meditations we can even do over the phone, and a range of other approaches to reduce stress.
- Help with creating a plan to develop healthy habits and take care of yourself
- Support between sessions to offer encouragement and help you follow-through
Please contact me if you would like to talk about coaching. I offer free consultations and would love to discuss your situation and how I can help!