Contact Me Today for an Initial Consultation
Methods and Details of ADD/ADHD Coaching
Coaching is provided over the phone to clients all over the country. I coach people two ways:
Monthly – an hour a week for 4 weeks in a row regardless of when we start. This method of coaching offers the most flexibility and consistency. I save one hour a week for each client and how much of that time and how you use it is up to you. Some of my clients prefer to meet once a week for 50 minutes or so with a few check-in texts during the week. Others like twice a week for about a half hour each time. I’m even willing to talk to you every day during the week if it will help you learn to plan, follow-through, and develop new habits that will move you forward.
Individual 50-60 minute sessions. Helpful if you would like to try coaching, but are not ready or able to commit to a full month. Or:
- You would like to learn some new approaches or strategies that are particularly helpful for those with ADD/ADHD and want to try them in your own time. These could be around organization, being on time, stress reduction, getting things done, or whatever you need.
- You have an immediate or short term goal and feel stuck or unable to reach it.
- You feel misunderstood, overwhelmed or stressed out and could benefit from some non-judgmental support from someone who understands the challenges of ADD/ADHD.
Benefits of Phone Coaching:
If you have never considered coaching by phone, it works very well! All you need is a private space and a notebook or other method to take notes as we talk. Here are some benefits and reasons why many of my adult and college student clients prefer this method.
- No matter where you are, we can talk from the comfort of your own environment.
- You save gas, time, and parking fees.
- We can schedule our sessions to fit into your life wherever you have access to a quiet private space. I have a client who talks with me in a conference room during her lunch hour at work. Another meets with me from the warmth of her car during her son’s soccer practices. And yet another calls me from the usually empty study room in his dorm.
- We can talk during nap or movie time for your kids so you don’t have to pay for a babysitter or after school care. And I am very patient if you get interrupted. (I understand because I have three kids of my own!)
- You can pace, fidget, or do whatever helps you focus while we talk. You don’t have to worry about sitting still or being observed in any way.
- We can occasionally use the “seize the moment” coaching approach. If there is something you absolutely HAVE to get done but keep putting it off, I can call you every 15 minutes (or whatever time interval you would like) until you get it done or at least started and well on your way. This has helped people with everything from paying their bills to finishing a math assignment.
- You can come to our sessions in your pajamas!
Fees: For information, please see Fees and Payments page.