Contact Me Today for an Initial Consultation
About Mimi Handlin
I am a Certified Life and ADHD coach in Seattle who has been coaching adults and teens since 2003. For most of my adult life, I have been surrounded by family and friends who have attention deficit disorder – my son, husband, and past business partner. For many years, I found myself helping the people closest to me get organized, stay on track, and recognize their gifts and talents. Although I don’t have a formal diagnosis of ADHD, I have many ADD/ADHD – like traits (which have increased as I’ve gotten older!) and developed strategies to help us all. Finally, the light bulb went on. Why not turn what I was doing anyway into my life’s work?
Along with my personal experiences with ADHD, I had been a social worker for over 20 years. I could bring those skills into coaching as well. So in 2003, I enrolled in an ADHD coach training program and it was the best decision I could have made.
Since that time, I have received specialized training in coaching teens and college students with ADHD and also received my certifications as both a life and stress reduction coach. I’ve also been trained in mindful awareness for ADHD and am a 15 year practitioner and teacher of Qigong, an ancient Chinese moving meditation for health and relaxation. I enjoy showing interested clients Qigong exercises and leading them through short meditations – which I can even do over the phone!
Coaching and Stress Reduction Group Qualifications:
- B.A. in Human Services from Western Washington University
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Washington
- Certified Life Coach through the Baraka Institute
- Graduate of the American Coaching Association
- Senior Certified AD/HD Coach Designation through the Institute for the Advancement of AD/HD Coaching (IAAC)
- Advanced training with Jodie Sleeper Triplett of JST Coach Training and the Edge Foundation
- Continuing education about ADHD through conferences, workshops, and classes
- National Speaker for ADD Resources Conferences and for ADD Classes.com
- Mindfulness and Awareness Stress Reduction Training
- Accredited Zhineng Qigong Instructor and Practice Leader for Spring Forest Qigong
I look forward to hearing from you and hope I can help! Contact me if you would like to learn more about my services. Please include your time zone, phone number, and a few good times to reach you. I look forward to hearing from you!
You may also contact me below: